Books Unread, Jokes Untold-the pursuit of life

Just another weblog

September?!? Holy Crap! September 4, 2007

Filed under: Daily Grind — booksunread @ 1:10 pm

Labor day weekend has come and gone and now here we are hurtling into September.  This summer has absolutely flown by.  It’s still hot as hell but we’re already looking towards Thanksgiving.  But first: weekend recap!

The weekend was pretty busy; we went home for a friend’s wedding.  Friday, I stayed home from work since I had the vacation time and wanted to get a bunch of stuff done before leaving-pack, pack for the dog for puppy camp, pay bills, pick up b-day gift for godniece, run to post office, clean house, and most importantly read Harry Potter 7.  I stayed up late Thursday night reading and then frantically rushed through all my other stuff on Friday so I could get back to the book. 

Y’all, that book gave me a stomach ache.  There were so many near escapes and non-stop action that it was hard to find a place to stop reading and put it down.  I only got 3/4s of the way through it before we had to get on the road Friday night and completely ignored Miguel in the car until it got too dark to read.  I finished it at the hotel Friday night and I loved it.  I think everything ended as it should have, and yes, I cried just a little bit.  I wish I could go back and read it again since I read it so fast the first time, but I left it with my dad at home so he could read it.

We drove the rest of the way home Saturday morning and had lunch with my Ps and brother, the mute, and the kids.  It was nice to see them.  Godniece is almost walking…right now crawling is still faster so that’s what she’s most interested in-making for the stairs as quick as possible.  Considering how little she sees me, she is happy to hang out with me and have me hold her, which is great. 

It was a perfect, beautiful day for the wedding.  The heat had broken and it was in the 80s, sunny and breezy.  I was a little wound up about the whole thing-I was doing a reading and wanted to make sure we got to the church on time.  There was a local festival going on nearby and I was worried about hitting traffic or parking problems.  We had agreed to ride with my friends, Mr. and Mrs. Chronic McLatersons and they were stressing me out getting out of the hotel.  However, we made it with tons of time to spare so no problem.

The ceremony itself went off without a hitch. It was in a cute little chapel with a small, family only wedding party.  The bride looked amazing (and I’m not just saying that because she reads this blog).  I think she had the most beautiful, unique wedding dress that I’ve ever seen and it was perfect for her.  The ceremony was short but sweet, and I managed not to embarrass myself with the reading.  Since I was still experiencing some nerves/stomach stress, I was seriously concerned that I was going to open my mouth and have nothing come out but a big air bubble.

After the church, we tried to make a quick run up to our wedding reception site for a nostalgic drink in the bar there but got denied as they were setting up for another wedding.

The reception was a great time.  Our group of friends pretty much shut the place down.  I hope that none of us made too big of an ass of ourselves since we took full advantage of the open bar and the end of the night is a little blurry.  However, we were of course still not done and carried the party on in the hotel bar.  One of the awesome things they did at the reception was to put out a treat table with jars of candy to make take home bags.  Came in very handy at the end of the night.

Sunday, I had a raging hangover.  We debated back and forth about whether to drive straight home Sunday afternoon and were trying to come up with various scenarios that would allow us to still get the dog out of the pokey before close and make the promised visit to Miguel’s Ps.  A call to them put the kibosh on that, as they were clearly expecting us for dinner.  So we headed over there and I never got a nap and ended up staying up too late hanging out with his mom. 

After a few hours tossing and turning in the double bed, Miguel was up and ready to get on the road by 5.  We got home by noon, which was awesome but I was super tired and cranky from the combo lack of hangover recovery and early wakeup call.  A two hour nap didn’t do much for me except screw me all up for bedtime. I stayed up past 11 again and did not want to get up this morning. My hair looks like shit, I couldn’t muster up the strength to make a decent breakfast, so I stopped at Mickey Ds, I have 50+ e-mails in my box and sorely need a nap. 

On the bright side, I can go get dog after work today, so yay!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s