Wee! So last night, I discovered a whole bunch more ringtones on the Samsung site. They have a way better selection of polyphonic tones than at&t-including David Hasselhoff’s “Get In My Car.” Dudes! They have The Hoff! That is some selection right there!
The other thing that cracks me up is that they specify the artists, and in some cases, have multiple artists’ versions of the same song. Like they sound any different when rendered in polyphonic tones. Is anyone looking for “Take My Breathe Away” really going to only want it if it’s the Jessica Simpson version?
So anyway, I found a TON of good ones and now I need to narrow down the list.
- Breakfast at Tiffanys-Eh, this was early in the alphabetical list, and I was being very open minded, I’ve always liked the song, but don’t love it.
- Runaway Train-Soul Asylum, just always loved, but kind of a downer for a ringtone.
- Anna Begins-Speaking of downer, I spent angst filled, depressing weeks in the dark during college listening to my Crows CD on repeat. Especially Anna Begins; so melancholy; so emo! I still love the entire CD. Although, maybe a little too morose to reflect my current mood as a ringtone.
- Call Me When You’re Sober-although, as my friends and I are getting up there now, the number of drunk dials I get is going down exponentially.
- I Believe In a Thing Called Love-So peppy and fun! I don’t know if this is just a retro-sounding song that came out a couple years ago, or an actual oldie that was temporarily revived (was it on the Starsky and Hutch soundtrack or something?), but either way I heard it first and fleetingly a couple years ago, but it didn’t get much airplay so I get a little giddy whenever I do hear it. It just makes you want to rock out and headbang alone in your car…
- Never There-CAKE! Woo. And it’s phone related-so cute, right? For a ringtone? Cake and Offspring were the soundtrack of my grad school years; I wish they had “Get a Job” as a ringtone-I love that song (because at the time, I had a boyfriend, but I kind of hated him-long story-so I’d blast that and feel better about life. “My friend’s got a boyfriend and she hates that dick; she tells me every day…”)
- Suddenly I See-Again, just peppy and fun and I lurve Ugly Betty. But it is a little overplayed.
So now I have to decide and I don’t know what to pick! Never There is my number one, followed by Thing Called Love and Suddenly, and I still want Anna Begins. Maybe I will buy all and rotate every couple of weeks according to mood; I know I could set different ones as different caller ID ringtones, but that’s a lot of work. Salsera and Maybelle-the only peeps I know in real life who read this-you may request a personalized tone if you wish (but you must find and pick it out!).